1. Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
Personal information is information about an individual such as a real name or telephone number. This information is used by the “Company” to identify individual members. (This includes information that can be easily combined with other information to identify a member even if a specific individual cannot be identified by the information alone.) Personal information collected by the “Company” shall be used for the following purposes.
1. Execution of Contracts Related to the Provision of Service and Settlement of Fees
This refers to content delivery, delivery of goods or invoices, financial transaction authentication and financial services, purchases and payment, and collection of charges.
2. Member Management
This refers to identity verification by using membership service, personal identification, prevention of illegal use of unauthorized members and other unauthorized use, confirmation of intent to join, restriction of the number of subscriptions, confirmation of consent of the legal representative when collecting personal information for children under 14, identity verification of legal representative, record keeping for dispute resolution, and complaint handling.
3. Marketing and Advertising
This refers to the development and specialization of new services (products), provision of services according to demographic characteristics, advertisement publications, access frequency identification, statistics on member service usage, and the delivery of advertising information such as events. (The personal information of members shall not be provided to individuals or organization for commercial purposes)
2. Collection of Personal Information and Collection Methods
Personal information is information about an individual that can be used by the “Company” to identify an individual member by matters such as a real name and a telephone number. Personal information collected by the “Company” shall be used for the following purposes.
A. Collection of Personal Information
1. At the time of initial membership registration, the following information shall be collected for member identification and optimized service provision:
- Name, ID, password, class name, mobile phone number, email address, age group
2. The following information may be generated and collected during service use or business processing:
- Service usage record, access log, cookies, access IP information, payment records, faulty usage record
B. Collection Methods
1. Member registration through the website, consultation bulletin board, prize promotion, delivery request
2. Collection through creation information collection tools
3. Personal Information Retention and Period of Use
After the purpose of collecting and using personal information has been achieved, the information shall be destroyed without delay. However, the following information will be retained for the period specified for the following reasons.
1. Personal information preserved when a member withdraws
- Retention Items: Name, ID, email address, address, mobile phone number, other phone number provided by the member
- Grounds for Preservation: Rights violation disputes and investigation cooperation, such as the prevention of reinstating
membership of banned users, defamation
- Retention Period: One year after membership withdrawal
2. Commerce-related preservation of personal information
- Retention Items: Transaction history
- Grounds for Preservation: Consumer law in commercial law, e-commerce, etc.
- Retention Period: Records regarding contract or withdrawal of subscription - 5 years; Records regarding payment and supply of goods - 5years; Records regarding consumer complaints or disputes - 3 years
4. Procedure and Method of Destruction of Personal Information
After the purpose of collecting and using personal information has been achieved, or after the retention and use period has elapsed, the “Company” shall destroy the information without delay.
The procedure and method of destruction are as follows.
1. Destruction Procedure
- After the purpose has been achieved, the information entered by the member for membership registration will be stored for a certain period of time according to the internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations (see Retention and Usage Period) and then destroyed. This personal information will not be used for any purpose other than being held, except as required by law.
2. Method of Destruction
- Personal information printed on paper will be shredded by a shredder or destroyed through incineration.
- Personal information stored in the form of electronic files will be deleted using technical methods that cannot reproduce the records.
5. Provision and Sharing of Personal Information
Cookies are used to store and recall member information in order to provide customized and personalized service to each individual member of the “Company.” Cookies are small data packages that are used by a server to operate a website. Cookies are sent to a member’s browser and are stored on the hard disk of the member’s computer.
1. Advance Member Agreement
- Prior to the collection or provision of information and receiving consent, members will be informed of who their business partners are, what information is needed, and why and how the information will be protected/managed. If a member does not agree, additional information will be provided. The “Company” will not collect or share information with business partners.
2. The “Company” can store personal information in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations or when there is a request from an investigative agency in accordance with the procedures and methods described by statute.
6. Matters Concerning the Installation/Operation and Rejection of Automatic Personal Information Collection Devices
Personal information will only be used for the purpose of collection and provision of service. Information will not be disclosed to other members or other company organizations. The following cases shall be the exception.
1. Purpose of Using Cookies
- This refers to providing targeted marketing and personalized service by analyzing the frequency and time of visits between members and non-members user preferences and interests, tracking traces, determining the degree of participation in various events, and the number of visits.
2. How to Reject Cookie Settings
- You have the option to install cookies. You may allow all cookies by setting options in your web browser, check every time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
- Example of setting method (for Internet Explorer): Tools → Internet Options → Personal Information at the top of the web browser (Not installing cookies may make it difficult to use some of the services that require a user to log in.)
7. Technical/Administrative Measures for Protecting Personal Information
A. Technical Measures
1. Personal information of members is protected by a password. Important data is protected through a separate security function by encrypting files and transmitted data or by using a file lock function.
2. The “Company” shall take the proper measures to prevent damage caused by computer viruses by using an anti-virus program. The anti-virus program shall be updated on a regular basis. If a virus appears suddenly, the anti-virus program will be utilized to prevent copying personal information.
3. The “Company” shall adopt a security device (SSL or SET) that can safely transmit personal information on the network using a cryptographic algorithm.
4. In order to prevent the personal information of members from being leaked as a result of hacking, etc., the “Company” shall use a device that blocks intrusion from the outside. The “Company” shall install an intrusion detection system for each major server to monitor intrusion 24 hours a day.
B. Administrative Measures
1. In addition to the above efforts, members should be careful not to disclose their passwords to third parties. In particular, always be careful not to leak passwords through PCs installed in public places. It is recommended that you are the only one to use your ID and password, and that you should change your password frequently.
2. The “Company” shall strictly restrict employees handling personal information to the following two types: employees who perform personal information management tasks and employees who must handle personal information for work. The “Company” shall emphasize compliance with this policy through frequent training on the employees in charge. Through this, the “Company” will confirm the implementation of the policy and the compliance of the employee(s) in charge and take corrective actions immediately if problems are found.
8. Rights of Members and Legal Representatives and How to Exercise Them
Members and legal representatives can view or modify their registered personal information at any time and may request to terminate their subscription. To view/modify the personal information of members or children under the age of 14, click on “My Class” → Modify” on our homepage or “My Class → Membership cancellation” to go through the identity verification process and directly view, correct, or withdraw.
Members and legal representatives may also contact the person in charge of personal information management in writing or by phone or email; action will be taken without delay.
If you request to correct an error, the personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is complete. In addition, if incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify the third party without delay of the result of the correction process so that the correction can be made.
The “Company” shall process personal information for member accounts that have been canceled or deleted at the request of the member or legal representative as specified in the Retention and Use Period of Personal Information Collected by the Company. Personal information is prohibited from being viewed or used for other purposes.
9. Personal Information Manager and Consultation Report
The “Company” shall employ a personal information manager in order to protect the personal information of members and handle complaints related to personal information. If a member has any questions related to his/her personal information, please contact the person in charge of personal information management as listed below.
[Personal Information Manager]
-Name: Son Hee-young
-Affiliation: Be a Talker Korea
- Contact: +82-70-8064-8760
If you need advice regarding personal information infringement, you can contact the Personal Information Infringement Reporting Center, the Supreme Court's Internet Crime Investigation Center, or the National Police Agency's Cyber Terror Response Center.
[Personal Information Infringement Report Center]
- Phone: +82-1336
- URL: http://www.cyberprivacy.or.kr/ [Internet Crime Investigation Center, Supreme Prosecutor’s Office]
- Phone: +82-2-3480-3600
- URL: http://icic.sppo.go.kr/ [Police Cyber Terror Response Center]
- Phone: +82-2-392-0330
- URL: http://www.ctrc.go.kr/
10. Supplementary Provisions
Date of Enforcement of Personal Information Handling Policy: August 1, 2020